Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Camping in winters has its own thrill and adventure. For some it is snow camping but actually it is beyond that. It a feeling of chill and mist in the chilly weather. At this time the winter camping is enjoyable and exciting, especially if you are an avid camper or hikers. Oh yes! You should be fully prepared once you plan your winter camping.
Winter camping can be dangerous unless you make proper preparation. Winter campers take layers of good fabric that keeps them warm and helps in maintaining temperature. Big no for cotton stuff. Use the stuff which does not soak humidity. Sleeping bag is also one of the good options. And make sure you have ample food material.
Carrying cook stoves, lanterns depend upon you. All things should be proper planned. Once planning, campers need to check the weather reports. Keep yourself updated with the complete forecast for the day. It is generally better to go in groups and mentions your friend or family back home about the route. At times taking a knowledgeable guide for trip is also good and helpful.
With winter camping comes number of an activities including camping in snowy areas, mountain climbing, skating, horsing around the snow. And don’t forget the pleasure of making master structures with snow. Though winter camping involves less travel unlike summers, but it gives a feeling of coziness around the fire places. The enjoyment and scenic beauty of nature is marvelous as very few people think about outing in winters. So the entire pleasure of winter camping is enjoyed by avid campers. The clear plants, undisturbed nature gives a feeling of peace and satisfaction
Sunday, March 8, 2009
We campers are recognizing the significance of an unspoiled environment as a precondition for our activity. We know, that clean and fresh nature is essential for an enjoyable camping - it is the place where we spend our free time, relax with our friends and collect strength for our coming duties.
When camping we are placing a burden on the environment but responsible camping does not endanger the environment. Responsible camping will allow us to enjoy the environment without taking this privilege out from future generations. Showing our responsibility means that we have to adopt to our camping activity only sustainable operating models.
When our goal is to adapt camping to meet the requirements of environmental protection and to steer our activity in a direction which protects the nature and the environment, we can talk about sustainable camping.
Developing sustainable camping requires cooperation between us campers, authorities, campsite owners and also local population. However, we campers, we play a central role in adopting environmentally friendly practices. Whether or not sustainable measures are carried out depends more than anything else on us ourselves.
The following is a brief summary of the basics of sustainable camping:
* In campsite planning environmental viewpoints should be taken into consideration from the beginning.
* When determining the campsite location alternatives which place the least possible burden on the environment should be studied.
* Local traditions should be taken into account in construction. Architecture should be in harmony with the environment and landscape. Construction materials and technical solutions should be environmentally friendly.
* Attention should be paid to preserve traditional landscapes and the diversity of nature. Asphalted surfaces should be avoided and space should be saved for plants.
* Traffic noise and other problems caused by traffic should be reduced as much as possible.
* Campsite operators and users should make use of local products and services as far as possible.
* Campsite operators and users should act in every aspect in accordance with the principles of sustainable camping.
* Sustainable camping includes the use of public transport as far as possible.
* Hiking and biking are examples of environmentally friendly exercise.
* In nature we campers should stick to trails. Nature programs should be designed so that they use existing trails and routes. The goal of guided nature trips should be to improve our knowledge of the environment and awareness of the nature.
* We should regulate our water consumption as well as the use of lighting and heating energy. Use of electric hand dryers etc. should be avoided.
* Use of environmentally harmful products as disposable plates, mug, toilet articles, etc. should be avoided. Also we should avoid of use of canned drinks and drinks in plastic bottles in favor of glass bottles.
* Also we campers should take care of sorting the waste. Lubricants and other problem waste should be sent to enterprises qualified to dispose of them. Organic waste should became composted and all waste should be removed from the nature.
President of the F.I.C.C